Red Wine in Ten Sentences
1. Red wine is one of nature’s gifts for mood enhancement—and not just because of its alcohol content.
2. Picture this: a substance that races through your arteries gobbling up fat cells and ensuring their expulsion from your body.
3. Red wine contains resveratrol, an antioxidant that increases arterial flow by reducing bad cholesterol; it also protects the lining of blood vessels in your heart and prevents blood clots.
4. Your body burns more calories than normal within ninety minutes of drinking a glass of red wine.
5. A British study determined that red wine reduces the risk of stomach disorders such as gastritis, ulcers and stomach cancer by 11 percent.
6. A Spanish study determined that red wine fights germs such as salmonella, E coli and Listeria from contaminated food and water; consequently, it is a frontline defense against food poisoning.
7. An Australian study determined that red wine might reduce the chance of ovarian cancer in women by 50 percent.
8. Tests have shown that red wine may preserve your memory and slow the onset of Alzheimer’s.
9. Red wine may prevent deafness; resveratrol neutralizes errant free radicals that destroy delicate hair in the inner ear.
10. Cabernet sauvignon, Syrah and pinot noir contain the highest concentration of resveratrol; the dryer the wine, the more resveratrol.